Behind the Mask
Think of Dr. Freelance as if Dear Abby had decided to become a corporate copywriter, editor, graphic designer, web guru, PR specialist, photographer or creative entrepreneur. So if you’re wondering…
- How do I get a client relationship back on track?
- What are the best strategies for finding and closing new prospects?
- How much should I charge and when should I ask for a deposit?
- What’s the best way to chase down a low-pay or slow-pay customer?
- How do I make the leap to full-time freelancing, and where do I start?
You’ve come to the right place for a prescription. “Dr. Freelance” is the not-so-hidden alter ego of Jake Poinier, principal at Boomvang Creative Group, a Phoenix-based editorial services/advertising/marketing firm, and the erstwhile blogger on a variety of entrepreneurial topics at Jake’s Take. He’s been freelancing since the 1900s…1999 to be exact. And where’d he earn his Ph.D. in Freelance Science? Let’s just say he was “home-office schooled.” Disclaimer: This site is designed for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal, financial medical or professional advice, and is most definitely not intended to replace good ole common sense. Your mileage may vary, and objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.